Sunday, December 11, 2011

Blessings come after the trial of our Faith

My reason for my learning's this week has been made manifest this weekend. I love how the Lord will send us on a path preparing us for what lies ahead. As we accept what we are being taught, then it makes it's reasons easier to understand and apply.

As I mentioned before, I received a blessing from my husband this week that encouraged me to continue in my study of healing, and how to heal. What I received from there as I was reading the scriptures, is physical healing coming from spiritual healing. Everything we need to know is in the scriptures, even how to take care of our physical bodies.

So I went to the scriptures to begin my study. The first scripture I was led to pierced my soul to a depth I am unable to describe. It is D&C 42:43-44,48. 

" And whosoever is among you are sick, and have not faith to be healed, but believe, shall be nourished with all tenderness, with herbs and mild food, and that not by the hand of an enemy. And the elders of the church, two or more, shall pray for and lay their hands upon them in my name; and if they die they shall die unto me, and if they live they shall live unto me. And again, it shall come to pass that he that hath faith in me to be healed, and is not appointed unto death, shall be healed."


So all you need is faith to be healed and a blessing. If you lack the faith, but are believing then herbs and mild food. I don't think it could be more plainly put than that. I have been coming to an understanding of the power of the mind and faith, but this puts it into an even stronger perspective to me, that even in our physical existance, we still only need to depend on the Lord for EVERYTHING and not man, and not even the physical things he has provided us with all the time. I don't know how often one can be found that has this kind of faith, but we know that if we even desire to have it, then it will grow. And our faith can be increased by using what God has provided instead of man.

Joseph Smith also taught " I preached to a large congregation at the stand, on the science and practice of medicine, desiring to persuade the Saints to trust in God when sick, and not in the arm of flesh, and live by faith and not medicine, or poison; and when they were sick, and had called for the Elders to pray for them, and they were not healed, to use herbs and mild food." DHC 4:414

So how this has applied to me so quickly.

I am 8 weeks pregnant today. Last night I started hemorrhaging. With any of my other 4 pregnancies I hadn't ever experienced that, even when I miscarried the first. It frightened me, and then the scripture passages I read earlier this week kept repeating in my mind, as if someone was reading them to me. I immediatly asked my husband for a blessing. It provided comfort and strength, gave me more faith, but I was still scared. I pulled up my Natural Healing material from my school, and began to remind myself of things to do. The herbs I needed I did not have, False Unicorn and Lobelia, nor was there a place to get any at 9:30 at night, or even in the area that I know of.

I was nervous, and then was reminded again, that healing can take place without the herbs and foods, if I could have the faith. I mustered everything I had, and then felt like the father asking Christ to heal his son. Christ said all things are possible if we can believe and asked the father if he believed. He said, I believe Lord..... help thou my unbelief. I went to bed praying the Lord would help my unbelief and went to sleep.

Upon awaking today, I was nervous of what I might find. I had put myself on bedrest, so the only time I would get up was to go to the bathroom. To my delight I had stopped bleeding and haven't since. I am still on bed rest today, and going to take it super easy until I can get in to a place to know where things are standing. I am comforted by the feeling that this pregnancy will last, so I hold on to that.

If anything, the Lord prepared my mind to be able to be at peace and ease, by not having the things I would have liked to and that would prevent a miscarriage, but He let me know that this can be taken care of without those things. But I believe, it was a test and that the evidence this morning was enough to say that the Lord healed me.








No comments:

Post a Comment